The summer season is about to start and you’re going to be very busy. You may not have much time to look for ideas and keep up on the latest in your industry for the next few months, but that doesn’t mean you won’t need daily resources to keep you going.
Summer is shorts season, and Twitter fits that bill perfectly!
We’ve combed through the Twittersphere to find the cream of the camp crop to keep you inspired and connected. Take a scroll with us to see which ones could be your new Twitter BFFs this summer:
1. American Camp Association provides resources and updates on the trends and issues in the summer camps community at @ACAcamps. What’s better, you can find a local chapter supporting your own region.
2. Active For Life: Learn more about physical literacy at @activeforlife.
3. Avid4Adventure: Great information and resources for outdoor adventure camps at @Avid4Adventure.
4. All4Staff simplifies the HR process by providing a faster, 100% digital onboarding solution, a great option for seasonal camp hires. Find them at @allforstaff.
5. Campfire Marketing is a blog of tips and tricks aimed at helping you market your summer camp. Follow the blog via newsletter or @CampfireMktg.
6. CampLeadership.org tweets a daily newsletter called The Summercamp Daily via @CampLeadership, pulling from online resources, groups and organizations that support camp life.
7. Camphacker.tv offers education, training and marketing consulting for summer camp professionals. Check out online resources and recommendations at @Camphacker.
8. The Camp Professionals offer summer camp property sales and acquisitions, management & marketing for the camp industry at @camppros.
9. @MarketingCamps, brought to you by C. Grant & Company, a leading marketing firm, offers case studies, specifically focusing on Christian camps.
10. 829 Studios works with camps to develop their digital marketing and can be followed at @829studios.
11. Camp Directors can find guidance and resources at @CampDirectors and www.campdirectorsresources.com.
12. For specific information focused on childhood education, check out @summerlearning, the handle for the National Summer Learning Association.
13. Follow @SuperCamp to explore academic and curriculum ideas.
14. The National Team Leadership Program shares information about their leadership development camps at @NTLPcamps.
15. Boost Collaborative promotes the importance of quality out-of-school time programming and can be followed at @TEAMBOOST.
and of course…
16. @LetsTalkCamp is a forum for camps to learn, share and grow through resources and best practices.
Happy Camp Tweeting!