In our recent poll about the top challenges schools or camps like yours face, nearly 600 respondents chose “I don’t have clear insight as to which programs are working and which need support.”
That leaves about 2,000 respondents who either:
- Have data insights figured out
- Don’t know what data insights are or why they should care
- Have more basic fish to fry (like admin tasks)
1. Data is a collection of facts, such as numbers, words, measurements, observations or even just descriptions of things.(1)
2. Data is only really valuable if it translates to actionable insights (2)
3. Data insights can do two things:
- Support your decisions (good, but not the best use of your data)
- Drive strategic actions
“In 1910, Scottish writer and poet Andrew Lang said, ‘He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lampposts—for support rather than illumination.’ ” (2)
Data insights are for illumination. Light shining on the path you should take. Freedom from blindspots and blindfolds. The end of guessing. Something every director needs to grow his or her organization. Something ACTIVE Network values highly.
4. ACTIVE’s camp management software and school management software provides data insights through:
- A centralized database
This is a necessity for accurate reporting. Any data that is not included skews your results. With ACTIVE, all registration information is automatically integrated into your database, so you don’t have to blend data from multiple sources into spreadsheets.
- Flexible Reporting
The software contains many standard or custom reports to easily pull the information you need.
You can gain visibility into accurate and comprehensive financial, participant, season, session, and program performance…and more! Quickly compare any time period to another time period. Sort, filter and group data as you need